Find a »
Juniper is nature’s strongest natural wood preservative. We infuse it into our Water Proofer to create a long lasting, zero VOC water proofer that is safe for people, pets and the environment. Vermont Natural Coatings Water Proofer infused with juniper stabilizes and seals wood from the inside, extending wood life by controlling moisture flow to reduce mold, mildew and decay. Penetrating Water Proofer is clear and leaves no topcoat, allowing the wood’s color to age naturally.
- Zero VOCs
- Safe for use over water
- Protects against moisture, mold and mildew
- Invisible when dry; allow wood to gray naturally
- Available in quarts, gallons and five gallon pails
- Easy application & cleanup
Additional Product Information:
If new wood, be certain surface is thoroughly cleaned before applying. For pressure washing, do not exceed 1200 psi and use wide-spray nozzle. Allow to dry completely. For previously coated material, be sure all loose finish is removed, then clean thoroughly. Test to ensure wood is able to accept finish by checking if water beads on surface, or soaks into wood. If water soaks in, the wood it is able to accept Penetrating Water Proofer.
- 1. Stir well prior to use.
- 2. Apply with a brush and/or spray equipment without thinning to a properly prepared surface. Brush in any puddles of product on the surface.
- 3. Apply two coats. The second coat must be applied before the first coat dries. If the fist coat fully dries it will not allow the second coat to penetrate. No sanding is required between coats.
- 4. Coat all wood surfaces and end-grain and apply in temperatures between 45° – 100°F and relative humidity of 40%-60%. Coating all surfaces increases the stability of the wood. High humidity or low temperature may lengthen dry time.
DRYING/CURING: Under normal conditions, surface will be ready for foot traffic in 2-3 hours after second coat.