Find a »
A grain-enhancing finish that’s durable and safe enough for application on furniture, trim, toys, cupboards, tables and doors. Can be applied over oil-based stain and finish. Dries quickly and dries clear. PolyWhey® Furniture Finish uses whey protein to seal and protect wood against water and chemicals.
- Apply with brush, paint pad or spray gun
- Neutral odor
- Low VOC
- Soap & water cleanup
- Available in satin, semi-gloss and gloss
- 500-600 square feet of coverage per gallon
- Quick drying: under 2 hours
- Quarts, gallons and fives
Interior Products – Case Studies
Additional Product Information:
If applying to previously finished wood, sand surface to remove old coatings before applying new finish. If sanding the entire surface is not desired, sand areas of distress that can cause flaking. This allows blending of edges.Vacuum dust and wipe with a water-dampened cloth.
- 1. Stir well prior to use. Apply full strength with brush, paint pad or spray gun (conventional or low-pressure) without thinning. Excessive thinning may result in reduced performance.
- 2. Test the finish on a sample piece of wood to confirm compatibility and desired appearance. For best results apply in temps between 65F-80F with a relative humidity of 40%-60%. Avoid applying in direct sunlight.
- 3. Apply thin, even coats taking care to prevent the finish from forming puddles. Overlap brush/spray gun strokes and always maintain a wet edge.
- 4. Finish will dry in two hours under normal conditions. High humidity or low temperature may lengthen dry time.
- 5. Sand lightly after first coat with very fine sandpaper (220 grit or finer) and remove dust with a water-dampened cloth and Vermont Natural Coatings Wood Cleaner.
- 6. After second coat sand only if 24 hours have passed since the previous coat was applied. Sanding, vacuuming and cleaning between coats will aid adhesion and create a smoother surface.
- 7. Apply 3 coats for optimum performance.